Sewing Techniques for Beginners
Introduction to Apparel Design
Applied Apparel Design
Introduction to Textile Studies
Using a the textbook and a kit, students will learn the properties of fibers, yarns, and fabric construction.
Introduction to Fashion Illustration
This course will focus on basic drawing techniques, anatomy of eyes, ears, lips, hands and feet and develop five master croquis with different poses.
Develop a swimsuit collection with the five master croquis without colour in order to capture the movement and silhouette of the body.
Introduction to Sewing Techniques
- Machine familiarity and sewing techniques:
- Industrial machines
- Open or plain seam
- French seam
- Flat-fell seam
- Introduction to pattern making and design:
- Learn to take correct measurements
- Fabric Embellishment
- Design techniques:
- Neckline finishes
- Outside and inside pockets
- Use of stretch fabrics and finishing techniques